Hetre forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new war?

+2
nowhale
Redneck0025
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A new war? Empty A new war?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:28 am

We currently sit number 2 on the server. This doesn't sit right with me. On Lambda, Mucho has always said, you should either be at war or planning for war. Right now we have enjoyed 8 weeks of peace after creaming 2 other alliances.

I think we need to set some goals. Target our enemies and start building towards them. Building towns on their islands (not just mwc). Stealing their members. etc etc.

I am obviously war minded. I like to keep the goal in site. HFX is quiet. We can surprise them and take them out.

Back to top Go down

A new war? Empty Re: A new war?

Post by Redneck0025 Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:41 am

If we do decide to do anything against HFX, I would appreciate as much notice as we can get. I share just about all of my islands with them and would be a nice juicy target for them lol. The more notice I can get, the faster I can get the goods off the islands to protect them. I personally don't like war, but I do understand that this is a war game. If we do pick a smaller alliance to go to war with, I would just suggest that we be careful who we pick as to not look too bad on the board and have multiple alliances going against us to the point that we are overwhelmed and cannot win. I do think that a well thought out plan for going to war (building on their islands, establishing foot holds and bases near them and so on) in a slow manner would not attract too much attention and would make us a force when we do decide to go to war. Just my opinions on all of this though
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Reasons for war are easy enough. I get tons of messages a day to blow one out of proportion. We are a big alliance about to explode with potential and growth. I just want to be planning thinking about targets always.

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:49 pm

I do agree that we should always be planning and preparing, if nothing else then to discourage others from trying to start with us. Tim's idea for gold, although a pain in the you know what for some of us lol, is a good idea to start prepping and preparing for a war. My main concern is that I don't want to rush into something just because we are bored and want some excitement.
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by nowhale Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 pm

I disagree with the basic premise. I've seen an alliance destroyed from falling behind from being in a constant state of war. Actually, I was in it. Almost until the end. It's all good on lambda, just cause BoS is massive, active, and undisputed. The risk of that is kind of low. Unfortunately, with us, not so much.

But still, I agree that it's not a bad time to fight though. Can we put together a list of targets? There are other alliances out there too, not just HFX. Smile
nowhale
nowhale
Doctor

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by nowhale Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:59 pm

So... since OLY is preoccupied at the moment, how about we take on C4? Their only remaining MDP ally is UPC, and we can definitely handle both.
nowhale
nowhale
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Death Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:12 pm

I'd say lets take on C4. After all Caustic (C4 diplomat) has said we are nothing but farm boys ;-)

I don't know much about others, but Jergens and Guidance are very capable militarily. So can be a lot of fun.
Duke of Death
Duke of Death
Archer

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:27 pm

The full story is
Kakashi had alot of unspent resources. BlackWidow had a spearman in the town.
Kakashi was looted by Jergens. at least twice. I havent seen CRs but here are the amounts Caustic sent me.

Loot from the first town: Building material: 26094, Wine: 603, Marble: 19646, Sulfur: 5500
Loot from the 2nd town: Building material: 6163, Wine: 8738, Marble: 5053, Sulfur: 32709

Caustic and Black_Widow exchanges this message.

> > > > On the 19.10.2010 19:33 ܤßʆҩҫқ Ѡįɖѻϖܤ wrote:
> > > > > You better tell Jergens to back off or C4 is liable to get buried.
> > > > >
> > > > > We're looking for an excuse to declare war on someone anyway Wink

> > > On the 19.10.2010 19:38 caustic wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Jergens is attacking a player twice his size because he's hoarding and not protecting his resources. You ought to be messaging your alliance-mate with threatening messages instead of me and telling him not to be a farm. If you guys want to declare war over us hitting a farm, go right ahead....however, we have no issues with HA-HA...never have. A farm is nothing more than a farm, regardless of the tag.
> > > >

> > On the 19.10.2010 20:29 ܤßʆҩҫқ Ѡįɖѻϖܤ wrote:
> > > It's apparent your alliance doesn't respect our tag, so I guess we have to load up the calvary and change some C4 member's minds.
> > >
> > > I'm so glad too because it's been boring since we ruined MLP a month ago, you can only build so much before you have to send a few thousand troops out to slaughter, right?
> > > *blows war trumpet*

Caustic wrote:

> > How about instead of threatening us, you actually reach out to your member and HELP him not be a farm? Wouldn't that be the "respectful" thing to do? I love how you bandy about such terms yet seem to know nothing about it.

Black Widow wrote:
> > ol! oh please...stop...I'm TERRIFIED!
> >
> > Ok...seriously. Hitting a farm has nothing to do with respecting your tag...not to mention, one of YOUR members hit one of our smaller members just recently and, well, we acting all grown up and handled it diplomatically instead of sending threatening messages like the schoolyard bully.
> >
> > You can try all you want to make this into a "we don't respect the HA-HA tag" but it isn't true, and no amount of spin you put on it will change that. If we didn't respect you guys I wouldn't be talking to you. So just relax already....sheesh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:34 pm

My question is was Kakashi storing goods for something like a GR upgrade or something like that? Also how many troops were there in each of the town?
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by true_illusion Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:41 pm

or better yet what were his spy huts? Someone should send a test spy into that town and see the percentage results before this goes any further.

If kakashi comes back with 95% chance of getting caught then you know they are full of shit

true_illusion
Swordsman

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:47 pm

I just did a quick check on all the towns and they are in the upper 90's for chance of getting caught but I did not actually try to send in a spy
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TIMALMIGHTY Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Kakashi needs 350K to 700K per upgrade at this point in his build for GR upgrades.
Thats not a farm and only a idiot would propose such.
He was looked at as having possibly alot of resources and was hit.
He's a 1 mil point player and needs alot to build with.

I say we stroll down and place our fingerprints on the matter.

And all this talk about jergens or guidance being such a fighter. Once his troops and gold are gone he's a sitting duck to us.

I say SMACK THAT ASS and let them cry to brbdc or nowhale or CA Surprised

TIMALMIGHTY
Steam Giant

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaser angus Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Well Guidance does not want a fight with us, how ever I think caustic is cashing checks his alliance can not cover.. I need 10 days to get to battle ready...
ceaser angus
ceaser angus
Leader

Male Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaser angus Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:48 pm

also has anyone chastised dreamerweaver(blackwidow) for his arrogance...
ceaser angus
ceaser angus
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 pm

black widow aka dreamweaver is a girl lol
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by nowhale Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:47 pm

I agree with chastising for arrogance. Being a HaHa member is a privilage, and that comes with certain duties. Including not putting us in situations like this.

That being said, there is no better way of gelling a group of people together, or two separate groups of people trying to become one, than by fighting a common enemy. W had it right, with regards to that. If we do decide to mobilize, though, we should make sure to sneak up on them. And I dont think we need to drop a DOW, just keep the fighting on the DL, with regards to the rest of the server.
nowhale
nowhale
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaser angus Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Redneck0025 wrote:black widow aka dreamweaver is a girl lol

Well shit and color me purple..
ceaser angus
ceaser angus
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Death Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 am

This is what I said to caustic:

On the 20.10.2010 16:12 caustic wrote:
> dude...what the hell are you doing? what have I ever done to you to deserve being attacked?

=====================================================

Greetings brother,

Well its nothing personal. I just wanted to make a point.

When Jergens attacked Kakashi and looted a bunch of stuff, you said he is a farm. But I beg to differ. Anyone can pile up a little resources without actually having to have a army guarding it. It doesn't make him a farm. And I just wanted to prove it.

I will return the 20343 wine and 30000 marble I pillaged from your towns, once my boats are free (please let me know if that counts as pushing, because I'm not sure about that).

Please don't consider that as an act of aggression against you or your alliance. I still remember the good old HARD days.

Peace
Duke

Duke of Death
Duke of Death
Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaser angus Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:58 am

Awesome, DOD I like you... great style....
ceaser angus
ceaser angus
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Very very nice Duke
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by nowhale Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:12 pm

well done. if anything else happens, don't hesitate to share.
nowhale
nowhale
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Death Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:26 am

The whole conversation (read from below):

Ahhh...I see, brbdc mentioned that it was semantics that was really at the root of all this. Fair enough, 'farm' may be an overly harsh term to use for Kakashi...even though I think that if you're gonna have as much resources laying around as he did you should at least stockpile them all in one, well-protected town....at least, that's what I do when I'm working on my GR upgrades. So you're right, he isn't a farm, as he hasn't been hit repeatedly with no resistance over an extended period of time. We may have been a bit unjust in giving him that label...it was just an easy way to refer to him when we should have just used his name. I hope we didn't hurt his feelings. Wink

On the 20.10.2010 17:00 Duke of Death wrote:
> Greetings Hoss,
>
> You know I have no problems with 1 v 1 pillages (I can not speak for all my alliance mates). Anyone is at a right to pillage a little extra resources. But I also believe just because you had stuff lying about in a town without an army guarding it does not make you a farm. Please note that Kakashi is a big player -9 towns- so he needs a lot of stuff for his GR upgrades.
>
> I think you calling him a 'farm' is just a tad too harsh. It can happen to anyone.
>
> Duke
>
>
> On the 20.10.2010 16:41 caustic wrote:
> > Duke,
> >
> > Kakashi was a farm because he was hoarding over a million in goods with nothing protecting it. I could easily fall under that category, except for the fact that I'm purposely farming gold right now so as to be able to help out in our next fight by being able to supply our fighters with gold. My resource level has been kept low as I have all of my mines off, except for my wine. The 40k in marble you took was the last marble I had (ANGRY face) and the rest is all wine. So I think it is a bit of a different situation... albeit a fine distinction to make.
> >
> > Also...I don't take anything personal in this game. I think you guys are being a bit hypocritical in your whining about Kakashi being hit when, on your very own external alliance page, it states: "HA-HA respects 1v1 pillaging, the same way most alliances do." So you guys say you respect it, yet we have people like Black Widow threatening us with war because we found some huge player with a ton of unprotected resources. Where's the honor and integrity in that?
> >
> > We have absolutely NO problem with HA-HA as I've never had any negative interaction with any of you, and do remember fondly the HARD days of playing alongside several of you. However, we will not bow down to some of your members that think just because you all are big, that you automatically deserve some kind of 'extra' respect and that we'll just go run and hide under some rock because we're scared. You, of all people, should know how the old HARD folks still left with us are going to respond to that. Wink
> >
> > I've been working with your diplomat (who is a pretty cool guy, I must say) to keep this from blowing up, and actions such as yours can only be seen as stoking the fire. There is no point to prove here. We all know that at any time any player can be hit and have resources taken. It's just the nature of the game and I don't think it's anything to get worked up over. Keep the marble. Build a new wing on your Embassy or something, but you have to name it The Hoss Wing in my honor.
> >
> >
> > On the 20.10.2010 16:32 Duke of Death wrote:
> > > Greetings brother,
> > >
> > > Well its nothing personal. I just wanted to make a point.
> > >
> > > When Jergens attacked Kakashi and looted a bunch of stuff, you said he is a farm. But I beg to differ. Anyone can pile up a little resources without actually having to have a army guarding it. It doesn't make him a farm. And I just wanted to prove it.
> > >
> > > I will return the 20343 wine and 30000 marble I pillaged from your towns, once my boats are free (please let me know if that counts as pushing, because I'm not sure about that).
> > >
> > > Please don't consider that as an act of aggression against you or your alliance. I still remember the good old HARD days.
> > >
> > > Peace
> > > Duke
> > >
> > >
> > > On the 20.10.2010 16:12 caustic wrote:
> > > > dude...what the hell are you doing? what have I ever done to you to deserve being attacked?
Duke of Death
Duke of Death
Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by true_illusion Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:07 pm

M<oving into position to bitch slap Sarap[hys artound , hit twoo of our members, on an island she shares with them, should be ready to hit in about an hour. Will let you know if more that her is just there : I.E. trying to bate a large army againt a bunch of them...

true_illusion
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Is there any interest in helping Elite take down HFX?

With Elite, it would be a good chance to stick it to HFX

Back to top Go down

Post by true_illusion Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:49 pm

None on my part pdx...

true_illusion
Swordsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content