Hetre forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realignment

5 posters

Go down

Realignment Empty Realignment

Post by TIMALMIGHTY Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:10 am

I would like to have ideas and involvement from all of the Council and Senior officers within the alliance of the structural changes we can make to identify and qualify the members/citizens within the alliance.
Shastar had set up with a military based theme so I'm asking for input b/c I've been asked several members of possible new themes and when they are going to take place.
PLEASE submit your thoughts here so that we can come to a consensus.

Thank You!

TIMALMIGHTY
Steam Giant

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

Realignment Empty Re: Realignment

Post by Jusu Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:55 pm

well, i liked his idea to get us sort of grouped based on the location for sure..
Jusu
Jusu
Archer

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:43 pm

putting us in groups based on location could be a really good idea for defense or to attack. also maybe something within that to tell each other what we are, like supplier or warrior. I know it might be difficult to do but it could make us better in conflicts
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Realignment Empty Re:Realignement

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:35 am

supplier or warrior?
that won't work so well,because people are unwilling to give up their ways...and resources,lol.
we would want all our members to maintain military capability at all times...shortly,supplier can turn into farm...why would we go with that...
instead,we should make sure everyone(or majority) are well prepared for long term fighting,as well as occasional conflicts that may occur from time to time.
of course,sometimes is better to have few very active fighters...and eventually,they will need resources or gold...but,they must try and develop economy...honestly,i call military minded,6-town player a suicide pillager...lol...strong economy leads to strong military...it's not like,i want to fight,but i just can't...i don't have resources...so,support me(work for me) while i enjoy the game,lol...i'm against that.
for sectors,i agree,as long as there aren't too many sector leaders...perhaps 4-8...

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:32 am

everyone should have some type of military to defend themselves, I dont disagree with that part at all. The problem is that not all wars are close to everyone. When I suggested the supplier or warrior type, I meant that the suppliers help out the fighters with sulfur and other supplies like gold. Say for example the war is 12 hours away from me. Now for me to travel that far and send wave after wave of troops would kill my gold supply and I would have to basically shut everything down to keep fighting. This is where me as a supplier would come in to play. I would buy goods from those fighters hours away from me at a high price to keep them fighting and then sell goods to other fighters cheaply to keep them going. This way everyone gets involved and helps out the alliance no matter how great the distance.
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TIMALMIGHTY Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:46 am

Which has been a GREAT formula for us here in HAHA.....redneck

However other alliances have not had alot of success with it...lol
OBVIOUSLY Surprised

TIMALMIGHTY
Steam Giant

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nowhale Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:08 am

We should take online times into consideration also. Asmita, for example, is in a timezone where she would be playing during our nighttime (if, like me, you are in the US). So if a US player were to be grouped with her, they wouldn't be online during the same times anyways, so they won't be able to coordinate in real-time. We can do both a location-based as well as a time-based division. Especially in case we need to monitor some long and giant battle, which seems to be how wars are fought nowadays.

Also, speaking to the issue raised by Redneck, we should figure out some sort of goods transport chain. King Solomon worked with us during the RumR war to get HaHa Jr to supply us, and a similar chain working internally would be great. And yes, one spy could bring this all down, but I think as long as we trust the right people, and pick more heavily defended islands to stop on, this should be advantageous for the whole alliance.

nowhale
nowhale
Doctor

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Time zones are a big part of the game but they can also be tricky for some people. The issue has been brought up before about people giving out their time zones and some people felt uncomfortable about it. If I remember correctly it had to do with playing on other servers and some of the alliance members here were their enemies on other servers. I can see how this would be a conflict and used to someone else's advantage if they chose to do so. Not sure how to work around that one though.
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by nowhale Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:59 pm

It doesn't have to be mandatory, but it would be nice. I'm sure that some people wouldn't mind, even if some people do.
nowhale
nowhale
Doctor

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Death Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm

My thoughts:

1. Grouping according to location is great. It helps to defend and attack better.
2. Every group should have a military leader who co-ordinates attacks and defenses within the group
3. Every group should have a logistics officer who, in war time, will take care of gold and sulfur (and whatever else) needs of the fighters within the group. That means the group should be self-supporting as much as possible.

Duke of Death
Duke of Death
Archer

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum