Hetre forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CM's

+2
Redneck0025
TIMALMIGHTY
6 posters

Go down

CM's Empty CM's

Post by TIMALMIGHTY Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 am

I would like to post my position on CM's but I would like others to do as well for or against so that we might come to a consensus.

I feel that policing the CM's to a minimum will kill the alliance with boredom.
If you all have noticed how I've experimented by slowing mine down, how the amount of alliance wide CM's have slowed as well.
This is the start of murdering an alliance by not encouraging more participation. Especially thru communication.

As a matter of fact, I feel that it is not totally my responsibility to create dialog on various issues alone.
I believe that this is the most exp'd leadership and council members I've ever seen in an alliance.
We have the potential to own Theta but killing our own alliance by silencing everyone makes this game no fun.

Naturally you are gonna have the spammers but that is b/c they are bored and we can't have it both ways.
100% participation and 0% communication. Thats an oxymoron that confuses me.

I'll post more of my thoughts as this topic gets discussed!

TIMALMIGHTY
Steam Giant

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

CM's Empty Re: CM's

Post by Redneck0025 Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 am

I agree that CM's have gone down a lot lately and it has been very quiet. I personally do not post alot of CM's and never really have, but it was a lot more lively with them.
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger Will Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 am

I think it best to have CM's active in game.
People say we miss important things in CM's, but aren't we trying to promote that everything important be posted on the boards?

Besides, I for one find it easy to spend 5 minutes and click open all my CM's or w/e, it takes about a second to tell whether they are jokes/ or a must read.

Ranger Will
Slinger

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

CM's Empty Where I stand in regards to the alliance circuliar messages and the use of the forums.

Post by Grim Reaper Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:00 pm

In regards to circuliar alliance messages the issue we are trying to make abundantly clear is that we have an alliance forum with a multitude of folders for posting whatever comes to mind. It's a tool of which if used correctly will vastly improve the way we all communicate, and I do not feel it should be taken for granted. If you need some cultural treaties, we have a section for that. If you need to trade your hard earned resources for something else, we have a section for that. If your bored and want to send some spam, we even have a section exclusively for spam. I do not believe any one person wants to cut off the life line that makes for an active alliance, but regulate where they are posting for the ease of the alliance.

In my opinion the circuliar alliance messages should be messages that are vital to the alliance so that a quick and accurate form of action can be the result of the immediate notification as it happens. In example: Leadership has some vital information he/she needs to make known to the alliance. Whether it be a poll has been set up on the forums, an old rule that needs reinforcing or even a new rule that needs to be addressed. Another example could be: Someone is being gang banged by a group of people and needs alliance council on what their next course of action should be.

It's a lot easier to put out one important but very descriptive message, then to scan and see whom within leadership is online and send them a message but have it fall upon deaf ears for whatever reason. This way your not restrictive to whom within leadership gets to see it and your open to more direct private message feedback. Not to mention your message is more likely to be seen when the alliance knows only important notifications will be sent via CAMS, that such information will not be shrouded by non vital spam.

Grim Reaper
Grim Reaper
Grim Reaper
Swordsman

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Shastar Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:09 pm

I think it should be a matter of not discourage them from posting CM's but Encouraging participation in the Forums. Reward participation here somehow. Right now my idea bag is a little depleted. So I leave that idea to be developed to others. -Shastar
Shastar
Shastar
Phalanx

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Reaper Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Shastar wrote:I think it should be a matter of not discourage them from posting CM's but Encouraging participation in the Forums. Reward participation here somehow. Right now my idea bag is a little depleted. So I leave that idea to be developed to others. -Shastar

It's not a matter of discouraging people from posting, it's encouraged people post ... but in the appropriate forum under an applicable section. I'm a firm believer of keeping the circuliar messages to vital information. The only difference is where your posting your messages. Isn't it worth something to know all vital information can be sought at a glance instead of important information being missed, not read or simply deleted because it's lost in a shroud of spam?
Grim Reaper
Grim Reaper
Swordsman

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Shastar Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm

I agree with you that it should stick to private messages or vital Need to get out information at which time I wouldn't have to post 5 badgering Posts concerning registering here. I'm just meaning that we want to reward people for using the resources that have been made available to them here as opposed to people complaining about the number of CT's they have to sort through and wishing people would just keep quiet. I hope I'm making the distinction properly. I'm spread a little thin so not sure if my points are as well thought out in paperspace as it is in my head.
Shastar
Shastar
Phalanx

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:12 pm

I think I know what your saying Shastar, basically you want everyone to be able to have more than one way to get the information out. People should use here as a first option but if this isn't working or if they are impatient or if they want to they can also use CM's without fear of getting yelled at for putting out too many CM's. I think we are always going to have people complaining that there are too many being posted no matter what is done to limit or control or anything like that to the number being posted. I do agree that everyone needs to be registered on here and needs to participate on here.
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TIMALMIGHTY Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:19 pm

In concert with what everyone is saying in relation to using this forum goes to my point of how the FORUM needs to be pronounced and advocated by all of the leadership and council members.

TIMALMIGHTY
Steam Giant

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaser angus Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:39 pm

I can not agree more TIM, But I think if we got a single person to lets say do a 2 or 3 time a week New letter with a list of all available trades and ct's might be more productive..
ceaser angus
ceaser angus
Leader

Male Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck0025 Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:45 pm

if you want i can try to do that, at least until we have to go outside the alliance, then someone else who is friends with other alliances would have to take over
Redneck0025
Redneck0025
Steam Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum